Tuesday 30 April 2013

Chapter 3

I just realised the book(Sex is not the problem(lust is) by Joshua Harris) is split into three parts:

Part One: The Truth About Lust(chapters 1-3)
Part Two: In the Thick of the Battle(chapters 4-7)
Part Three: Strategies for Long-Term Change(chapters 8-10)

Here's my thoughts from Chapter 3: You can't Save Yourself

We are walking the narrow righteous path, between the ravines of legalism on one side, and indulgence in sin on the other. Our own power and will can't save us, only God can. We must surrender ourselves to Him.

My favourite sentences in this chapter are "The person who has experienced God's grace and has been genuinely converted can still choose to sin, but he can't love sin like he used to. He can't continue in sin indefinitely!"

I was really touched by that, because it was as if God told me "I know what you're going through, and I am with you." I can now be sure that I have truly accepted God's justification of me, and that I am on the path of sanctification!

God loves you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment