Sunday 16 September 2012

40 Hour Famine experience

Hi all,

My fast ended yesterday(16th September 2012) at 12pm.

I didn't eat anything at all, and only drank water(and a honey drink on 16th)

I didn't sit on any chairs, except once when I was tricked by a friend(felt betrayed, it was only 30mins before my fasting was over)

Anyway, I just want to share some similarities differences I've noticed between my "famine" and the famine of the people in Ethiopia

I slept "on the floor" in my sleeping bag, with a pillow and a blanket, in a well-insulated house.

They may not even have good blankets or a good house!

It gets as cold in Ethiopia at night as where I am.

I had a honey drink, which they may not even have

I had nice carpeted floors to sit on, and simply stood when I felt the ground where I was was dirty.

They sleep on dusty floors, even sweep the dusty floors that don't become clean.

I knew when my famine would end, and that helped me persevere.

When will it end for them?




You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment